Thursday 7 May 2009

Day 2 - Chilli day

Today was good, I wandered into work this morning with a tin of toona and extra light philadelphia in my bag.

Now, they say a small tin of tuna (70g) is one point, so I had a normal tin (140g). So instead of one point it's 2, but I can cope with that, a tin of tuna...no problemo. Half a wholemeal baguette, cut open, philly on both sides, now comes the fishy bit. Does anybody actually realise just how much tuna there is in a tin of toona? 140g I hear you say....NO!! It's a conspiracy. Somehow they manage to stuff a whole tuna into these tins, I swearz it.

There I was sat at my desk, rolls piled high with tuna, tuna on my plate and half a tin of tuna still sitting there. It's a sad sad day when you're sat eating tuna out of the tin with a fork, all the while thinking 'this CAN'T be just two points...shut up, the book said......the book doesn't know everything....TOONA!!'. I was determined not to leave any to stink out the office. In the end I had to admit defeat, I sealed the can and the remaining contents in a little sealable bag (partly for safety and partly to seal in the smell) and chucked it in the bin.

Funnily enough I wasn't really hungry for a while after that little adventure. I'm very impressed with my dinner though, king prawns, garlic, chilli, tomatoes, rocket and spaghetti. Um yum, if you want to make it here is my recipe below (adapted for WW):

2 tomatoes, skinned and chopped

1 clove garlic finely chopped

1 small med-hot red chilli, finely chopped

8 king prawns

40g spaghetti

Handful of rocket

1 tablespoon olive oil

Cook the spaghetti until al dente, prepare your other ingredients while it's cooking and a few minutes before it's ready:

Hob on medium/high, put the oil and garlic in the pan together.

When the garlic starts to sizzle, put the chilli in.

SauteƩ that for a bit (minute?) and put the tomatoes in, sauteƩ again for a minute.

Put the prawns in, and cook for 1.5-2 minutes, to make sure the prawns are heated through (assuming you bought pre-cooked....or lazy prawnage).

Drain your spaghetti and put in a dish, put your king prawns and bits on top. Add the rocket and mix it through a bit....ta da. You look like a culinary master but you've only taken ten minutes...that's my kinda cooking!

Ok so what points have I used today?

Brekkie - Bran Flakes and 1/4 pint skimmed milk = 2 points

Lunchings - 1/2 wholemeal baguette, tuna, tablespoon of cream cheez, salad = 9 points

Dinner - Ok, I confess, 12 yes, read it....12 king prawns, toms, rocket, 40g spag, olive oil, chilli, garlic = 4 and 3/4 points (3/4 is the prawns ha ha)

Snackage - Pear, 250ml orange joose, 2 teas = 3 points

Grand totali =-19 points (I'll round up that 3/4....grudgingly)

This leaves me with 6 points to use up, I could save the points....but I won't. I bought some Sainsburys 'Be good to yourself' cheesecakes as a treat, I shall have one of these...worth 5 points so I'll have saved one.

Tomorrow might not be quite as successful....pub lunchings :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment