Tuesday 21 July 2009

Orgasmic pitta pizza from heaven

For weeks I've been watching the guys on the WW boards rave about pitta pizzas. I thought they sounded quite nice, but didn't think much more of it.

Whilst scouting the boards today they came up again and they popped into my head whilst I was wandering round the Co-op trying to gather some inspiration for dinner.

I stayed the same at WI today, which is nothing short of a miracle given my excesses over the past week or so. I normally treat myself if I've lost......not sure that should extend to STS, but....what the hey, I also bought a cheesy twist! NORTEH!!

Being quite hungry when I got in, and still entirely in ignorance of the wonderful experience to come, I ate my cheesy twist with a cup of tea.

Aafter looking up the points value of such a beasty I became depressed and immediately needed more food, so I turned to my actual sustenance for the evening.

OMG!!!

I swear, this was better than normal pizza...and I don't know if that's because I haven't had pizza for almost a month....but it was some good shit!

Here's my recipe for Heavenly Pitta Pizza: (for one)

1 white/wholemeal pitta bread
Around 150ml bolognese/any pasta sauce you like
Around 1tbsp tomato puree
1 small clove garlic, chopped finely
2 slices of onion, chopped roughly
Quarter of a pepper, chopped into batons
3 cherry toms, halved
seasoning
Small amount of feta cheese

Mix the sauce, puree and garlic together, spread on the pitta bread

Sprinkle the rest of the ingredients on as you like and season to taste

Pop in oven on gasmark 6 or 200 degrees C for 12 minutes

NOM NOM NOM!!!!


Obviously you can stick just about any ingredient you like on top o this, but the way I've done it comes to roughly 3.5/4 points, ideal for dinner :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment